Denver Program: begins April 4, 2024
Colorado Springs Program: begins August 14, 2024
Our sister non-profit, Sanga, has partial scholarships available
for those needing assistance to pursue yoga training.
The PranaYoga 265-hour program, Contemplative Yoga Teacher Training, fondly called CYTT, was developed to allow the student time for deep integration of the course content and practices, while the unique schedule merges well into a busy life. The training is for people who have a love of yoga and want to be introduced to the depth and breadth of yoga!
It is taught one session each week and one weekend each month for ten months.
Based on Kripalu tradition, the focus is classical yoga drawn from the ancient texts. We go above and beyond most basic trainings of 200 hours by offering an additional 65 hours to hone your teaching skills and develop a deep personal practice, transforming your life in the process.
Our training is uniquely developed to support you in deepening your practice of yoga, likely the reason you have considered training in the first place. It offers the opportunity to immerse yourself into the philosophy and yogic way of life, while also learning the necessary skills to carry your passion for yoga into a professional pursuit or to share responsibly with others.
What you will learn:
- Asana, pranayama, meditation and chanting; including benefits, adaptations, and alignment specifics
- Methodology tools of demonstration, language, body reading, sequencing and assisting
- Yoga philosophy through the revered texts of Patanjali Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita
- Physical anatomy of the systems of the body and integrating a yoga focus
- Esoteric Anatomy through exploring Ayurveda, chakra, pranavayu, kosha and subtle anatomy
- Fundamentals of running a yoga business
- Ample opportunity to practice your teaching skills and find your voice
Class size is limited to provide personal attention in an intimate atmosphere. This promotes an encouraging and supportive class setting.